Life Gave Us Lemons Journaling

Shortly after I found out that I was pregnant with you; your father was diagnosed with Testicular Cancer. After surgery (Sept. '06) we thought that had taken care of the cancer only to find out mid (Dec.'06) that the cancer had returned and was now in his lungs. He started chemo in (Jan. '07). I was due with you March 9th and really wanted your dad to be able to be there for your birth. They induced me Sat. March 3rd early afternoon, by 9:34 pm you were here. Your dad was so thrilled to have you here finally and in his arms. We had a day to spend together as a family and brought you home Sunday night. Your Dad started his 3rd round of chemo that Monday. You were what helped him keep going. Being able to look forward to coming home from chemo & seeing you made life so much sweeter. 3/4/07

No comments: